JUNCTION CITY, Ore. -- A two-car crash south of Junction City killed two people Friday afternoon, Police Chief Bob Morris said.
It happened around 4:30 at the intersection of Hwy. 99 and Prairie Road.
Police said Saturday that a black 1995 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV, operated by Aleeshaeseana Gordon-Germain of Junction City was driving north on Hwy. 99 when for an unknown reason she crossed over into the southbound lanes of travel and crashed head on into a southbound blue 2004 Chevrolet Silverado Pickup, driven by William Galt IV, of Eugene.
“Unfortunately it’s an extremely dangerous highway that we have here on Highway 99, and it’s just horrible to see,” said Tim Garrity with Junction City Police.
- Crash on Highway 99 kills two in Junction City
- Highway 99 reopens near Junction City
- Junction City police making safety improvements to Highway 99
- Pedestrian killed in crash in Junction City
- Territorial Highway reopens after crash near Junction City
- 2 injured in Highway 99 crash
- 2 dead in crash on Highway 99
- One person killed in Highway 99 crash south of Saginaw
- 2 injured in crash in Junction City
- Crews respond to two fatal crashes on Highway 99