UPDATE: All lanes of southbound Interstate 5 are open after a multi-vehicle crash near the Woodburn Interchange.
WOODBURN, Ore. (KGW) — A multi-vehicle crash has closed the southbound lanes of Interstate 5 near Woodburn, the Oregon Department of Transportation said.
Cars and trucks are backed up for miles heading south. ODOT said freeway ramps at the Woodburn exit were also affected.
There were severe injuries, according to ODOT. A Life Flight helicopter responded.
There is no ETA for when the freeway will reopen. One or more lanes will be closed indefinitely for the law enforcement investigation, ODOT said. OR-99E is an alternate route.
- Southbound I-5 reopens after crash near Woodburn
- I-5 southbound reopens near Albany after semi crash
- Deer cause four-vehicle crash on I-5 southbound near Eugene
- I-5 reopens after crash south of Roseburg
- Man accused of trying to enter moving cars on I-5 near Woodburn
- All lanes reopen following I-5 crash south of Albany
- Woodburn man sentenced to 8 years for rape
- Oak Grove rest area facility reopens along I-5
- Multi-vehicle crash shuts down I-5
- Northbound I-5 closed near Wilsonville after crash