PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) -- State and county officials say a coyote bit a 7-year-old girl in Portland.
KATU-TV reports the attack happened Friday in the driveway of a home in the southwest part of the city.
Authorities say the girl is being checked for rabies.
The girl's mother told authorities her daughter was in the driveway when the coyote pounced on her and nipped her on the leg.
- Coyote bites child in Portland driveway
- Three arrested for blocking driveway at Portland ICE facility
- ODFW says coyote, not cougar, likely attacked Portland dog
- DEA raids Portland pharmacy
- UPS driver lists 'bear in driveway' as reason for no dropoff
- Portland Marathon canceled for 2018
- Four stabbed Monday in Portland