ROSEBURG, Ore. -- At least one person is dead after an officer-involved shooting in the Green district of Roseburg Saturday night.
The intense and prolonged exchange of gunfire was captured on cellphone video Saturday afternoon.
KEZI spoke to the couple who captured the video. Julie and Travis Mccartt said they began to take video on their phone when the car started driving into the field.
The driver of the vehicle allegedly opened fire on authorities, police said, and "multiple" officers returned fire.
Police said that during the exchange of gunfire the stolen vehicle began to smoke and became engulfed in flames.
Later, police said, they found a body inside the car.
"Total shock," Julie Mccart said. "I mean with the adrenaline, I wasn't as worried until afterwards when the cops had contacted me and I thought oh geeze, this is really bad."
The Mccartts said this incident is unusual for Roseburg.
"For this area, it's just not something we expect," Julie said.
"It's been kind of crazy the last couple of weeks with the other high speed pursuit at Red Robin," Travis said. "I can't explain it. It's just not normal."
No law enforcement personnel were injured during this incident. The involved officers were placed on administrative leave pursuant to their respective agency’s officer involved shooting protocols, officials said.
The Douglas County Major Crimes Team is investigating the incident, with the Roseburg Police Department being the lead investigating agency.
- Couple speaks out after capturing video of deadly Green shootout
- Dramatic video captures Green shootout
- Video captures deadly officer-involved shooting in Eugene
- Investigators seeking person of interest in Green shootout
- Grand jury finds use of force justified in Green shootout
- DNA used to identify man who died in Green shootout
- Deadly Creswell plane crash witness speaks out
- Couple that escaped Eugene mobile home fire speaks out
- Victim speaks out after deadly Pleasant Hill shooting
- Couple pranks package thieves