Photo Gallery 3 Images
NORTH BEND, Ore. -- A couple has been arrested in connection with an arson at an unoccupied home in North Bend on Saturday, Oregon State Police said.
Andrew Eastep, 26, and his girlfriend, Breanna Schuster, 22, face charges of burglary, arson, and criminal mischief after OSP said they admitted to stealing items from the residence and property before setting the fire.
On Saturday crews from North Bay Fire District, Hauser Rural Fire Department, and North Bend Fire Department responded to a fire at a property at 68163 Highway 101. OSP said there were two separate buildings adjacent to one another on the land.
Once the fire was out an investigation revealed “suspicious factors,” which led to the State Fire Marshal’s office, Southwestern Fire Investigation Team, and OSP’s Arson Unit to get involved.
Investigators determined that the fire was intentionally set, and with the help of the Coos County Sheriff’s Office, OSP identified Eastep and Schuster as suspects.
A large amount of stolen property has been recovered and returned to the owners, OSP said. Additional charges are under review by the Coos County District Attorney’s Office.
- Couple arrested in North Bend arson, burglary
- Eugene man arrested in North Bend for allegedly stealing car
- Good samaritan returns North Bend woman's purse
- Five teens injured in North Bend crash
- Bend man arrested on child pornography charges
- North Bend woman killed in crash on Highway 101
- Missing Missouri man dies in crash in North Bend
- North Bend Fire does live-fire training in Eugene
- Police: 12-year-old admits to North Bend threat
- North Bend district accused of forcing Bible reading