HILLSBORO, Ore. (AP) -- Authorities say an armed man confronted Washington County deputies who were trying to arrest his wife for drunken driving.
The sheriff's office received a complaint about the woman's driving late Wednesday and traced her vehicle to a home near Sherwood. The sheriff's office says the woman resisted arrest when deputies arrived and the husband threatened to shoot them.
A standoff ensued, but John Kerekanich, 68, surrendered just before 3 a.m. Thursday.
The sheriff's office says he will be charged with unlawful use of a weapon, menacing and interfering with a peace officer.
His wife, Meri Kerekanich, faces charges of driving under the influence, resisting arrest and escape.
- Couple arrested after standoff near Sherwood
- Standoff suspect arrested by SWAT
- Roseburg man arrested after standoff
- Police arrest Springfield man after armed standoff
- Roseburg man arrested after armed standoff
- Veneta man arrested after standoff with police
- Couple arrested in North Bend arson, burglary
- Standoff in Florence leads to one man's arrest
- Man suspected in mother's death arrested after standoff in Tualatin
- Suspect arrested after hours-long SWAT standoff in Eugene