BROWNSVILLE, Ore. -- The Bi-Mart Willamette Country Music Festival is underway! People travel from all over to attend the festival in Brownsville.
Teri Phenix and her daughter Mykayla made the drive to Oregon for the festival from Reno, Nevada. They said they're glad they were able to attend the festival's final year at this location.
"Totally worth the road trip up here," said Mykayla.
They're two of thousands who made the trip to Brownsville, taking the population from 2,000 to 20,000 just for the weekend.
Over the last 11 years, the Bi-Mart Willamette Country Music Festival has grown from a few hundred chairs and a few performers, to 20,000 fans and the best country music has to offer.
This is the last year the scenic hills in Brownsville will be surrounding the main stage, but fans said they'll follow this festival wherever it goes next.
"Probably where ever it goes we will follow. We will do it next year for sure...even if we have to road trip a couple more hours," said Mykala.
Festival organizers said they're still working nto secure a venue for next year.
- Country music fans enjoy festival's final year in Brownsville
- Bi-Mart Willamette Country Music Festival kicks off final year in Brownsville
- Willamette Country Music Festival permit revoked
- Country music festival vendors say they haven't been paid
- Vendors file complaints against Willamette Country Music Festival
- Country Music Festival vendors will be paid, company says
- Harrisburg approves letter of support for Bi-Mart Willamette Country Music Festival
- Organizers work to address safety issues at Bi-Mart Willamette Country Music Festival
- Eugene man injured when plane crashes into country music festival site
- Brownsville man wins Independent Party nomination in governor race