Alice Heiney celebrated a very special birthday in a big way Saturday.
January 2nd she turned 100-years-old and her sons organized a very special celebration that took about four months to plan.
Family, friends, and former co-workers joined the celebration.
Heiney said her secret to longevity is to keep happy and to be funny.
She is a member of the Rosy the Riveter Association and during World War II she inspected ammunition at the Remington Arms in Denver Colorado.
Her sons said she also lived through the Great Depression and the Dust Bowl.
- Cottage Grove woman celebrates 100th birthday
- Springfield woman celebrates her 100th birthday
- Cottage Grove celebrates Earth Day
- Missing Cottage Grove woman located
- Cottage Grove armory sparks controversy
- Cottage Grove carousel wins award
- Cottage Grove celebrating 25 years as a Tree City USA
- Cottage Grove warming center needs volunteers
- Cottage Grove Police Search for Missing Man
- Federal investigation on Cottage Grove marijuana operation