COTTAGE GROVE, Ore. -- A Cottage Grove High School music teacher is accused of having an inappropriate sexual relationship with a student, police said.
Gabriel Dickinson, 37, was arrested on charges of sexual misconduct, third-degree sexual abuse, second-degree sexual abuse and third-degree sodomy.
Police said a school resource officer received information from high school administrators about an alleged relationship in the last week of November.
Detectives said the relationship began about two years ago, when the student was 15 and in 10th grade. The sexual relationship is alleged to have continued into November.
At this time, police said there’s no indication that any other students were involved.
Anyone with information should contact the Cottage Grove Police Department.
According to Dickinson's LinkedIn account, he has been Cottage Grove High School's music director since July 2015 and was a music teacher with the Bethel School District from September 2010 to June 2015.
South Lane School District has released this statement to KEZI:
"After a brief investigation, we reported the allegations to the police, and they are conducting an investigation.
We're cooperating with Cottage Grove Police Department, and Teacher Standards and Practices Commission, and will continue to do so.
We have a care plan in place for students and staff at the high school for Friday, lead by the high school principal.
We do conduct background checks on all employees, including the employee in question."
- Cottage Grove teacher arrested for alleged sex abuse of student
- Former Cottage Grove music teacher sentenced for sex abuse of student
- Cottage Grove High School music teacher arraigned
- Cottage Grove armory sparks controversy
- Cottage Grove carousel wins award
- Missing Cottage Grove woman located
- Cottage Grove celebrates Earth Day
- Man faces aggravated animal abuse charges in Cottage Grove
- Cottage Grove warming center needs volunteers
- Cottage Grove Police Search for Missing Man