COTTAGE GROVE, Ore. -- A man is facing a murder charge after a man died at Riverbend Hospital Wednesday night following a physical dispute days before, Cottage Grove police said.
Police said on Monday they responded to a call at 8:53 p.m. at 1315 South 8th Street. They found a 69-year-old man had been struck in the head with a baseball bat. Police said the victim was taken to the hospital and died two days later from his injuries.
Britton Willis Hicks, 35, was taken into custody and lodged at the Lane County Corrections Facility. Police said that Hicks knew the victim, but they are not releasing his identity until family has been notified.
- Police: Cottage Grove man murdered by baseball bat
- Cottage Grove Police Search for Missing Man
- Cottage Grove armory sparks controversy
- Cottage Grove carousel wins award
- Missing Cottage Grove woman located
- Cottage Grove celebrates Earth Day
- Cottage Grove aquatic center reopens
- Cottage Grove Police search for missing teen
- Deputies shoot and kill Cottage Grove man
- Cottage Grove murder suspect claims father hit him first