EUGENE, Ore. -- Robert Fleetwood joined Delta Sand and Gravel right out of high school with no experience, and now he’s crushing it.
Learning on the job, Fleetwood worked his way up from the bottom. Now, he’s the crushing pit operator, which turns larger rocks into gravel.
Fleetwood has been working with the Eugene company for three years. He started just after his senior year at Cottage Grove High School when he got a tour of the plant. It inspired him to apply for a job, despite not having experience.
“It was really cool, and I feel lucky and privileged to get the job here,” Fleetwood said. “It was just a matter of applying, and it was really cool that they did tours of the facility so I could see what was going on before I just decided to come in blind so I thought that was really cool.”
He enjoys being able to work outside and with his hands and told KEZI 9 News the job never gets boring.
Moving forward, Fleetwood said he plans to go into electrical work and hopes his experience at Delta Sand and Gravel will help him with his career.
- Cottage Grove grad crushing it at Delta Sand and Gravel
- Delta Sand & Gravel looking for a new generation of workers
- 'It's nothing a woman can't do,' Delta Sand and Gravel employee says
- Cottage Grove armory sparks controversy
- Cottage Grove carousel wins award
- Missing Cottage Grove woman located
- Cottage Grove celebrates Earth Day
- Cottage Grove aquatic center reopens
- Cottage Grove warming center needs volunteers
- Cottage Grove Police Search for Missing Man