COTTAGE GROVE, Ore. -- Community members celebrated Earth Day Saturday at Coiner Park in Cottage Grove with food, live music, and activities.
The event also featured three local tours, an Arbor Day Proclamation by the Mayor of Cottage Grove, informational booths hosted by community organizations, local vendors, kids’ activities, food, and a rummage sale benefiting the Friends of the Swinging Bridge.
The tours took place at the City of Cottage Grove Drinking Water Treatment Plant, City of Cottage Grove Wastewater Treatment Plant, and Singing Creek Farm.
"This is exactly why I became Mayor. I was born and raised in this town, and I like to see how the community comes out for all these events, " said Jeff Gowing, the mayor of Cottage Grove. "We have a really good turnout and a lot of involvement with our community members."
Community members also planted new trees around town. Gowing said they aim to plant new trees every year.
- Cottage Grove celebrates Earth Day
- Cottage Grove woman celebrates 100th birthday
- Two-A-Days: Cottage Grove Lions
- Cottage Grove armory sparks controversy
- Cottage Grove carousel wins award
- Missing Cottage Grove woman located
- Cottage Grove celebrating 25 years as a Tree City USA
- Cottage Grove warming center needs volunteers
- Cottage Grove Police Search for Missing Man
- Federal investigation on Cottage Grove marijuana operation