COTTAGE GROVE, Ore. -- Cottage Grove’s Bohemia Park has been transformed thanks to a $250,000 gift from the Tykeson Family Foundation.
This gift has allowed the park to grow significantly over the past few years and has provided upgrades such as its 2,000-seat amphitheater, additional parking and brand new benches.
One Cottage Grove resident who visits the park nearly every day said that these upgrades, especially the enhanced lighting, are much needed additions for the area.
“It gives us a place to go in the evening times,” Donald Borg said. “It gets dark so early, and this place is shut down because it's dark. I can't play with my dog. I can't fly my kite. Now, I feel like I can do all of that."
Bohemia Park has provided a sense of community for Cottage Grove residents, who gather for concerts, dog walking or just moments to socialize with one another.
- Donation transforms Bohemia Park in Cottage Grove
- Bohemia Mining Days kicks off 59th year in Cottage Grove
- Cottage Grove armory sparks controversy
- Cottage Grove carousel wins award
- Missing Cottage Grove woman located
- Cottage Grove celebrates Earth Day
- Cottage Grove aquatic center reopens
- Cottage Grove warming center needs volunteers
- Cottage Grove Police Search for Missing Man
- Federal investigation on Cottage Grove marijuana operation