COOS COUNTY, Ore. -- A Coos County father who was found guilty in the death of his young son was sentenced on Friday.
Michael Bowman, 47, will serve 10 years in prison for the manslaughter of his son, Dillian Bowman-Gray.
Officials said Bowman will be on post-prison supervision for three years after his release.
Bowman-Gray was taken to the hospital in 2015 with brain injuries, rib fractures and other injuries. He was later adopted by a family and died at the age of 2.
Bowman was found guilty of first-degree manslaughter, assault and criminal mistreatment.
Officials told KEZI 9 News Bowman has been in the Coos County Jail since March 2018, and he will get credit for time served.
Bowman will be transferred to the Oregon Department of Correction within the next two weeks. He is not eligible for early release because manslaughter is a Measure 11 offense.
- Coos County man sentenced to 10 years in death of son
- Police investigating Coos County inmate's death
- Coos County man sentenced to life in prison
- Body of missing Coos County man found
- Coos Bay man charged with murder
- Man escapes house fire in Coos Bay
- Coos Bay man dies in logging accident
- Police fatally shoot Coos Bay man
- One person killed in Coos County crash
- Coos County deputies search for burglary suspects