COOS BAY, Ore. -- A Coos County deputy arrested a man for a parole violation Tuesday after a foot pursuit.
Joshua James Thompson was taken to the Coos County Jail and cited for escape in the third degree.
The deputy was traveling northbound on Boat Basin Road near Metcalf Road around 10:20 a.m. he saw Thompson walking. Thompson was on the Coos County Community Corrections detainable list.
As the deputy exited his vehicle, authorities said Thompson started to run. The deputy told Thompson numerous times to stop and that he was under arrest, but said Thompson continued to run.
As both neared Charleston Road and Metcalf Road, the deputy had his Taser drawn and pointed at Thompson. Deputies said Thompson decided to stop and complied after the deputy ordered him to the ground.
Thompson was taken into custody without further incident. A clean hypodermic needle was found in his possession.
Thompson was held without bail.
- Coos County deputy arrests man for parole violation after foot pursuit
- Coos Bay deputies arrest bank robbery suspect
- Coos County deputies search for burglary suspects
- Suspect falls down cliff after vehicle pursuit in Coos County
- Coos County deputy crashes into car near Coquille
- Body of missing Coos County man found
- Wanted man arrested after pursuit in Lebanon
- Man accused of ramming deputy's vehicle during pursuit
- Man arrested after traffic stop in Coos Bay
- Coos Bay man charged with murder