COOS BAY, Ore. -- A woman is dead and two people are seriously injured after a crash on Highway 101 Monday morning.
Oregon State Police responded to a two-vehicle crash near milepost 241 at about 10:10 a.m.
Authorities said Rena Clemons, 56, of Coos Bay was driving a blue Saab northbound on the highway when she lost control of the vehicle while going around a curve and crossed the center line.
Clemons hit a southbound Ford Taurus, authorities said. She was pronounced dead at the scene.
The driver of the Ford, Michael Puschel, 68, and his passenger, Toni Puschel, 67, both of Coos Bay, were seriously injured and taken to the Bay Area Hospital for treatment.
The Coos County Sheriff’s Office; Millington, Sumner and Green Acres fire departments; Bay Cities Ambulance and the Oregon Department of Transportation assisted.
- Coos Bay woman killed in two-vehicle crash
- Man seriously injured in three-vehicle crash near Coos Bay
- Coos Bay couple killed in house fire
- More electric vehicle charging options coming to Coos Bay, Roseburg
- Coos Bay man charged with murder
- Coos Bay deputies arrest bank robbery suspect
- Fire destroyed house in Coos Bay Sunday
- Man escapes house fire in Coos Bay
- Coos Bay man dies in logging accident
- McAuley Hospital in Coos Bay demolished