OAKLAND, Ore. - A Coos Bay man has died after a logging accident.
Douglas County Deputies said it happened on Monday, April 16, at approximately 10:00 AM in the area of Galagher Canyon off of 138 W.
They said when emergency crews arrived, they found 49 year-old James Jarrett of Coos Bay, Oregon was caught in piece of logging equipment owned by LA Logging out of Coquille.
Oakland and Kellogg Fire responded to help free the patient from the equipment, but said Jarrett died at the scene.
- Coos Bay man dies in logging accident
- Springfield man dies in logging accident
- Coos Bay man charged with murder
- Man escapes house fire in Coos Bay
- Police fatally shoot Coos Bay man
- Police: Log truck driver who crashed into Motel 6 in Coos Bay was high
- Coos Bay deputies arrest bank robbery suspect
- Coos Bay couple killed in house fire
- Fire destroyed house in Coos Bay Sunday
- McAuley Hospital in Coos Bay demolished