BREAKING NEWS Assault suspect may have 3-year-old with him, deputies say Full Story

Coos Bay apartment fires sends three to the hospital

They said one victim was listed in critical condition and is expected to be flown to Legacy Emmanuel Hospital's Burn Center in Portland.

Posted: Nov 3, 2018 11:44 PM
Updated: Nov 3, 2018 11:55 PM

COOS BAY, Ore. -- Three people were taken to the hospital after a kitchen fire inside a Coos Bay apartment on Saturday.

The Coos Bay Fire Department says the fire broke out at around 2:00 p.m. inside a unit on the seventh floor of the Tioga Hotel.

They said one victim was listed in critical condition and is expected to be flown to Legacy Emmanuel Hospital's Burn Center in Portland. The two others are in stable condition.

Firefighters said the fire was caused by a cooking appliance placed on the range with a burner turned on. The damage to the apartment has been estimated to be around $10,000.

Crews said the apartment did not have any working smoke detectors.

Article Comments

Eugene
Clear
37° wxIcon
Hi: 52° Lo: 32°
Feels Like: 30°
Corvallis
Clear
37° wxIcon
Hi: 57° Lo: 29°
Feels Like: 33°
Roseburg
Clear
42° wxIcon
Hi: 54° Lo: 33°
Feels Like: 42°
North Bend
Clear
43° wxIcon
Hi: 59° Lo: 38°
Feels Like: 43°
KEZI Radar
KEZI Temperatures
KEZI Planner

LATEST FORECAST