ROSEBURG, Ore. -- Construction crews in Roseburg are taking extra precautions to keep themselves safe during the hot days.
There are two projects happening right now on Garden Valley Boulevard.
The city is working on their paving project and finishing up sidewalk access ramps.
The Roseburg Urban Sanitary Authority is doing sewer upgrades at the same time.
With Garden Valley restricted to one lane in each direction between 5 a.m. and 3 p.m., there will be traffic delays.
But for workers out there during the heat of the day, it's all about hydration.
The current work on Garden Valley should be completed by July 26.
Overnight on Monday, the westbound lanes of Garden Valley Boulevard will be closed between Stephens and Dee streets.
There will be detours in place.
Both of these projects should be completed by October.
- Crews working on Garden Valley Boulevard in extreme heat
- Wildland fire crews battle blazes, extreme heat
- Eugene starts Franklin Boulevard redesign
- Changes coming to Franklin Boulevard in Eugene
- Springfield garden project combating excessive heat's impact on crops
- In The Garden: "Drink Up Your Garden"
- In the Garden: Gardening on a budget
- In The Garden: 2018 gardening trends
- In The Garden: Creating a Mediterranean garden
- In The Garden: Japanese-Themed Garden