EUGENE, Ore. -- Now's your big chance to get your hands dirty while going green in Eugene this weekend. The Master Gardeners Program is hosting a composting workshop in the Santa Clara community garden at St. Matthew's Episcopal Church.
The free class will teach people how to compost using donated food waste from FOOD for Lane County. Peter Thurston with the Master Garden Program says it's nice to be able to recycle the waste instead of sending it to a landfill.
"Some of the items for the pantry get a little old, so we use them instead of just having them get tossed out, we put them into the compost pile."
The workshop starts at 11 a.m. on Nov. 11.
- Composting workshop teaches people to recycle food waste
- 'Wasted!' teaches residents to save food
- Composting workshops coming up in Santa Clara
- Free composting workshop set for Saturday in Eugene
- BRING Recycling to hold birdhouse workshop in Eugene
- A waste reduction specialist shares Christmas recycling tips
- Lane County Waste Management puts out new recycling guide
- Oregon State University receives grant to reduce food waste
- Reducing waste, reusing pumpkins
- Free herbalism workshop held Sunday