Photo Gallery 2 Images
EUGENE, Ore -- Team Recycle is helping businesses in the Eugene-Springfield area recycle 50 percent more while preventing any contamination that would send recyclables to the landfill. Their service is often free and helps reduce company garbage bills.
The company sorts and maintains business garbage and recycle bins Sundays through Fridays. They make sure non-recyclable materials are mixed into the recycling bin. If this happens, the entire bin will be dumped into the landfill.
Once the trash and recycling have been sorted, they will sweep and blow out enclosures and remove large items that can't be disposed of in the bins, like furniture and appliances. They said most of which is removed for free. They also handle any toxic materials needed to dispose of, like paints, bulbs, and batteries for free.
In their first two years of operation, Team Recycle was responsible for keeping 500,000 lbs. of recyclable and toxic materials that were disposed of properly, donated, or reused out of the landfill. That equates to 1,250 dumpsters worth of material.
Click here to see if your business can work with Team Recycle.
- Company helps businesses recycle 50 percent more
- Douglas disposal companies prepare for upcoming recycling changes
- Reduce, Reuse, Recycle: Corvallis painting company goes 'green'
- Milepost 97 Fire now 50 percent contained
- Garbage Guru website helps with recycling in Lane County
- Douglas County ends recycling services
- Oregon unemployment rate dips to 4 percent
- Oregon bottle redemption rate reaches 90 percent
- Days Coffee Fire about 90 percent contained
- How to recycle your Christmas tree