EUGENE, Ore. -- Community members celebrated the life and legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. on Monday.
People gathered for the "Standing United" march that started at PK Park in Eugene. Participants marched to the Shedd Institute to listen to community leaders speak about Dr. King.
In Springfield, hundreds of people marched to honor MLK as well. It was the city's 20th annual march. They started outside of the Springfield Justice Center and ended at Springfield High School.
State Representative John Lively was there. He says attended to help to stand up for justice.
- Community members march in remembrance of MLK
- NAACP hosts MLK Jr. Community March in Eugene
- National Pearl Harbor Remembrance Day
- Eugene celebrates MLK Day
- UCC holds 4th annual Day of Remembrance
- Community members recognized for helping addicts recover
- Community members concerned after sex offender released
- Community members canvass for 4J bond measure
- Workshops held for River Road community members
- Cottage Grove community members remember fallen veterans