Photo Gallery 1 Images
EUGENE, Ore. - Family friends to the Keeney family held a fundraiser at the Xscape Dance Academy at 4:30pm on Saturday, January 24.
The Keeney family lost Dylan Keeney, father and husband, to cancer, and has since been struggling.
A friend told KEZI they were in danger of losing their home, so some of their friends the children danced with stepped up to make a difference.
Kacie Laube, a young girl who danced with the Keeney children, came up with the idea to put on a show at Xscape with a $10 admission to raise money for the family.
"You know, just from an emotional standpoint, just knowing people are there for them is huge, right? But, her primary goal here was to raise money for them and just help them with finances in whatever way we can," said Martin Huff, emcee of the event.
- Community holds fundraiser for local family
- Family holds fundraiser after alleged July 4 assault
- Local nonprofit holds fundraiser for maternal mental health
- Local animal shelter hosts cat yoga fundraiser
- WellMama holds annual Blues to Cure the Blues fundraiser
- The Human Bean holds Coffee for a Cure fundraiser
- Springfield beauty schools holds fundraiser for student injured in explosion
- Sutherlin holding community forum on school bond
- Senior community hosts car show fundraiser for Alzheimer's Association
- Eugene Family YMCA holds school supply drive