Vitamin Cottage Natural Food Markets, Inc., is recalling Natural Grocers brand 10-ounce Coconut Smiles Organic, a dried coconut snack, because it could be contaminated with Salmonella.
The product is packaged in clear plastic bags and has a "Natural Grocers label."
The recall was initiated after routine testing by the company revealed the presence of Salmonella in some packages.
Six illnesses have been reported by individuals who ate Coconut Smiles Organic purchased from Natural Grocers.
Salmonella can cause fever, diarrhea, nausea, vomiting and abdominal pain.
Customers who may have purchased this product should return it to the store for credit or refund.
- Coconut Smiles Organic Recall
- Harlem Globetrotters spread smiles by visiting children at Riverbend, YMCA
- Smoke alarm recall
- Brown recall approaches deadline
- Organization hosts swim clinic for blind athletes
- Doctor organizes teen suicide prevention summit
- Cancer survivor organizes My Breast Friends 5K
- Man tied to drug-trafficking organization sentenced
- Organizers cancel fourth annual Umpqua Strong run
- Springfield police cars cleared of Ford recall