MADRID -- Spanish police seized a load of pineapples that were transported from Costa Rica.
Inside the fruits, authorities found about 147 pounds (67 kilos) of cocaine hidden inside cylinders.
The pineapples were emptied and each one was filled with a cylinder coated with wax to insulate the odor of the drug.
As part of the operation, seven people were arrested in Madrid and Barcelona.
- Cocaine-filled pineapples seized in Spain
- Coast Guard seizes 12,000 lbs. of cocaine in international waters
- Mother accused of giving son cocaine
- Eight horses seized from Lane County property
- 83 horses seized in Deschutes County
- Guns seized after reports of school threats
- Oregon man taken into police custody died from meth, cocaine
- Dayton shooter had cocaine in his system, coroner says
- Oregon Coast Guard cutter returns after $54M cocaine seizure
- Christmas sweater with Santa and cocaine forces Walmart to apologize