ASTORIA, Ore. (AP) -- The U.S. Coast Guard says a man disappeared while fishing from the shore near Clatsop Spit.
Petty Officer 1st Class Levi Read tells The Daily Astorian that the fisherman's wife contacted authorities Wednesday morning. She last heard from her husband Tuesday night, when he sent a text message.
Crews from Station Cape Disappointment and Sector Columbia River have responded to the area with boats and a helicopter. The search is concentrated near the Columbia River side of the South Jetty.
The fisherman's name has not been released. Read says the man is 53 years old and had been wearing waders.
- Coast Guard searching for missing Oregon fisherman
- Coast Guard suspends search for missing Oregon fisherman
- Body of missing fisherman found on Oregon beach
- Missing fisherman found dead off Newport
- Oregon Coast Guard cutter returns after $54M cocaine seizure
- Coast Guard rescues hiker off cliff
- Coast Guard rescues sailor near Coos Bay
- Coast Guard crews prepare for crabbing season
- Fisherman's Market excited for crab season
- Fisherman's Memorial needs repairs after driving accident