COOS BAY, Ore. – A sailor is recovering after being rescued by the Coast Guard around 3 a.m. Friday morning, 15 miles west of Coos Bay.
Officials with the Coast Guard said the man was experiencing chest pain and seasickness on a fishing vessel.
After three hours of communication, the Coast Guard was able to send a helicopter rescue crew to the boat.
The Coast Guard does not know the current condition of the man.
- Coast Guard rescues sailor near Coos Bay
- Coast Guard rescues 2 stranded in boat in Yaquina Bay
- Coast Guard assists injured hiker in Coos County
- Coast Guard rescues hiker off cliff
- Coos Bay man charged with murder
- Coos Bay deputies arrest bank robbery suspect
- Coos Bay couple killed in house fire
- Fire destroyed house in Coos Bay Sunday
- Man escapes house fire in Coos Bay
- Coos Bay man dies in logging accident