MAPLETON, Ore. – A logger is in the hospital after getting rescued by the Coast Guard near Mapleton.
The 35-year-old man fell 60 feet in the Siuslaw National Forest Thursday afternoon.
The Coast Guard lifted the logger 200 feet into a helicopter because there was nowhere to land.
He was taken to the hospital with neck and back injuries. His condition is unknown.
- Coast Guard rescues logger who fell 60 feet near Mapleton
- Climbers who fell 300 feet on Mount Hood rescued
- Coast Guard rescues hiker off cliff
- Coast Guard rescues capsized kayakers near Cape Disappointment
- Coast Guard rescues 2 stranded in boat in Yaquina Bay
- Mapleton woman cited again for animal neglect
- Mapleton woman found guilty of animal neglect
- Missing Mapleton man has contacted family, friends
- Coast Guard searching for missing Oregon fisherman
- UPDATE: Two Oregon loggers dead after separate accidents minutes apart