NEWPORT, Ore. – Two people are safe after a Coast Guard aircrew safely rescued them from Yaquina Bay.
On Sunday around 4 p.m., two people on a boat requested towing assistance from the Coast Guard after their boat ran aground and became stuck on mud flats.
The Coast Guard vessel was unable to reach the stranded people because the water wasn’t deep enough for the boat to go through.
Just before 9 p.m., the Coast Guard in North Bend dispatched an aircrew, and the two people were hoisted from their boat to safety.
- Coast Guard rescues 2 stranded in boat in Yaquina Bay
- Coast Guard rescues sailor near Coos Bay
- Oregon fines seafood company for Yaquina Bay pollution
- Coast Guard rescues hiker off cliff
- Stranded watchman rescued by US Coast Guard helicopter after 5 days
- Dog stranded on cliff on Oregon coast rescued
- Coast Guard responds to sunken fishing boat in Reedsport
- Six rescued after fishing boat sinks near Winchester Bay
- Coast Guard rescues capsized kayakers near Cape Disappointment
- Coast Guard rescues logger who fell 60 feet near Mapleton