WARRENTON, Ore. (AP) -- Authorities say three children and two adults who capsized while kayaking near Cape Disappointment State Park were rescued.
The U.S. Coast Guard says their Columbia River command center received a call reporting at least one person in the water Wednesday afternoon near Waikiki Beach.
The Coast Guard says a boat crew rescued two children and two adults while a helicopter crew rescued one child.
They were taken to a hospital in Ilwaco, Washington, for treatment.
All five people were wearing lifejackets.
- Coast Guard rescues capsized kayakers near Cape Disappointment
- U.S. Coast Guard investigates Mary B II capsizing
- Coast Guard rescues hiker off cliff
- Coast Guard rescues 2 stranded in boat in Yaquina Bay
- Coast Guard rescues logger who fell 60 feet near Mapleton
- Firefighters rescue young kayakers in McKenzie River
- Coast Guard searching for missing Oregon fisherman
- Stranded watchman rescued by US Coast Guard helicopter after 5 days
- Guard rescues injured climber on Mount Hood
- Coast Guard seizes 12,000 lbs. of cocaine in international waters