ROSEBURG, Ore. -- Drivers should expect delays Wednesday night as the City of Roseburg makes safety improvements on a major intersection.
Officials said crews from public works will be installing new traffic signal heads at the intersection of NW Stewart Parkway and NE Edenbower Boulevard.
They said work will begin at 7 p.m. and conclude at 7 a.m. on Thursday.
Officials said they have been installing new signal heads on all the intersections along Stewart Parkway. This will be the last in the series.
“Hopefully these new signals are going to last several decades,” said Eric Johnson, the communication specialist for the City of Roseburg. “We hope we won’t need to make these improvements for many years to come.”
Johnson said these improvements are expected to increase driver visibility and improve overall safety.
He said flaggers will be directing traffic throughout the night while crews work, so he suggests drivers to plan ahead if needed.
- Roseburg updating major intersection
- Major delay in Roseburg teen's murder trial
- Major Eugene intersection reopens after pedestrian-involved crash
- UPDATE: Murder victim identified in Roseburg stabbing
- Roseburg VA director resigns
- Roseburg police investigate shooting
- Homicide investigation underway in Roseburg
- Roseburg plans road construction projects
- DeFazio tours Roseburg VA campus
- Human remains found in Roseburg