EUGENE, Ore. -- A convenience store in a south Eugene neighborhood was burglarized early Thursday morning, police said.
According to the Eugene Police Department, the burglar set off an alarm at Hilltop Market on Donald Street around 12:48 a.m. When officers arrived, the burglar was gone.
Security footage from the store shows the burglar breaking a glass door and entering, leaving the store with cigarettes and Juul vaporizer pods and returning twice to take more.
"He took stuff. A lot of stuff. Expensive stuff," said co-owner Sujata Vaidhya. "It's really really sad and painful."
She said the store opened just two months earlier. Their other location has been burglarized before, and after Thursday's break-in, she is beginning to see a pattern.
"Maybe something's going to happen again. The same thing, we won't get answers from anybody. Or maybe we will this time," Vaidhya said.
Regular customers offered their sympathies to the store owners.
"They really put a lot of heart into keeping their customers happy," said Mike Nelson, who found glass on the ground when he stopped by the store Thursday morning. "I kind of just put it together myself when I saw the glass on the ground because this neighborhood is really a nice neighborhood. But you can never tell what's in the bushes or who's walking along the streets late at night."
Vaidhya said the security footage gave a clear picture of the burglar's face, which she hopes will make bringing them to justice possible. Police said the investigation into the burglary is ongoing.
- Cigarettes, Juul pods stolen in Eugene convenience store burglary
- Eugene convenience store robbed
- Fire guts Lebanon convenience store
- Two arrested for alleged assault at Eugene convenience store
- Convenience store robbery leads to arrest
- Warming fire caused storage pod blaze in Eugene, officials say
- Three arrested after merchandise stolen from stores in Eugene
- Holiday travelers enjoy the convenience of Eugene Airport
- Burglary suspect arrested in west Eugene Wednesday
- Police investigating burglary in northeast Eugene