MILWAUKIE, Ore. (Art Edwards, KGW) - A Milwaukie family is devastated after someone broke into their home while they slept and stole all the Christmas gifts from under their tree.
Loren and Stephanie Haynes said their youngest son woke up Saturday morning and found the gifts gone. Loren Haynes believes someone came in through the back door and took the gifts.
The Haynes had saved for months to buy the boys an Xbox and gift cards for clothing. Family members had sent gifts that were also taken.
"I always promised this Christmas would be better this year. I thought I did that. Feels like a failure to me," said Stephanie Haynes.
"The thieves left one gift behind," said Loren Haynes." It was crushed underfoot."
The Haynes filed a report with the Clackamas County Sheriff’s Offic,e but are not sure that will help. Now they’re trying to find a way to salvage this Christmas season.
- Christmas gifts stolen from under tree while family sleeps
- Farms sending 600 Christmas trees to military families in NC
- Drought, tree shortage to blame for Christmas tree price hike
- Christmas tree farmers combat popularity of artificial trees
- Christmas tree farms open in Eugene
- How to recycle your Christmas tree
- Redmond sues after company cuts Christmas tree
- Oregon's Christmas tree arrives in Washington, D.C.
- How to recycle your Christmas trees
- Christmas Tree farmer starting sales early