EUGENE, Ore. – A Eugene woman survived a car crashing through her hotel room Saturday morning.
The accident happened at the American Best Value Inn on West 6th Avenue around 7:30 Saturday morning.
The driver careened through one room, taking out at least 2 walls and causing significant structural damage.
KEZI 9 News was on scene and spoke to the woman inside that room, Sheena Cocroft, who said she was sleeping when the car came barreling through.
“It sounded like an airplane was landing on me, literally,” Cocroft said, “And it felt like a brick hit my back. I was just screaming, screaming.”
Eugene Springfield firefighters responded, along with the Eugene Police Department.
The driver, Jordan Belvelry, was arrested, and charged with DUII and careless driving.
- Car careens through Eugene hotel room
- Car crashes into hotel room
- Woman's body found in Oregon hotel room
- Officer-involved shooting in Oregon hotel room
- This self-driving hotel room could revolutionize travel
- Eugene car fires considered arson
- Boy hit by car in west Eugene
- Missing dog found after Eugene car accident
- Car show held as fundraiser in Eugene
- Car crashes into Amazon Creek in Eugene