EUGENE, Ore. -- Three cars are damaged after one caught fire near the Home Depot off Green Acres Road in Eugene.
Eugene Springfield Fire responded to calls of a car fire around 2:45 p.m. Saturday.
When they arrived they found a GMC SUV consumed in flames.
The fire spread to the two neighboring cars causing damage.
Jeff Kronser with Eugene Springfield Fire told KEZI the fire shot into a tree, but did not spread to any surrounding buildings.
Remy Lacayo was working in a nearby business and said that he heard what sounded like gunshots coming from the car.
"I heard at least 10 or 12 gunshots," said Lacayo. "They sounded like really small ammunition, but the few big bangs that went off, they also thought they were fireworks so it could have been a mix of those."
There were no reported injuries and the cause of the fire is being investigated by the Eugene Police Department.
The surrounding businesses were not affected and remain operating with normal business hours.
- Car catches fire off Green Acres Road in Eugene
- Vehicle catches fire near car dealerships in Eugene
- Mobile homes catch fire in Eugene
- Car catches fire inside Springfield garage
- Eugene car fires considered arson
- Green Hill Road closed after car crashes into gas box in Eugene
- Short Mountain Landfill catches fire south of Eugene
- Tractors catch fire at potting soil manufacturer in Eugene
- Chicken coop catches fire, damages home in south Eugene
- Man safe after house catches fire in Eugene