COTTAGE GROVE, Ore. -- A woman said she considers herself lucky to be alive tonight after an SUV smashed into her home.
The incident happened around 5 p.m. at the corner of S. 10th Street and Adams Avenue.
The resident said she was the only one home at the time and had just brought her dog inside. She said the car hit the back of the house where she'd been standing just minutes earlier.
She described the driver as a man in his seventies.
The car went through the wall and into the den area, pushing a couch from one end of the room to the other.
An officer at the scene said the man was taken to the hospital with unknown injuries.
- Car barrels into Cottage Grove home
- Fire damages home in Cottage Grove
- Cottage Grove working to contain Zombie Home
- Cottage Grove armory sparks controversy
- Cottage Grove carousel wins award
- Missing Cottage Grove woman located
- Cottage Grove celebrates Earth Day
- Fire damages Cottage Grove home, displaces two families
- Cottage Grove residents return home after severe flooding
- Cottage Grove warming center needs volunteers