Candle ignites motor home fire in Coos Bay

No injuries were reported, but the motorhome is considered a total loss.

Posted: Oct 12, 2018 7:02 AM
Updated: Oct 12, 2018 3:31 PM

COOS BAY, Ore. -- A fire that destroyed a motor home in Coos Bay Thursday morning was caused by an unattended candle, officials said.

The Coos Bay Fire Department was dispatched to 63448 Railroad Road in the Bunkerhill area just before 7 a.m. The fire was burning in a motor home next to another building.

Firefighters found the motor home fully engulfed with flames coming out of the windows and door.

Firefighters were able to extinguish the fire without damage to the nearby structure or other nearby vehicles.

No injuries were reported, but the motorhome is considered a total loss.

After an investigation, it was determined that the fire was caused by an unattended candle left burning while the occupant was in the main house on the property. 

Eugene
Cloudy
51° wxIcon
Hi: 60° Lo: 49°
Feels Like: 51°
Corvallis
Cloudy
51° wxIcon
Hi: 54° Lo: 47°
Feels Like: 51°
Roseburg
Cloudy
54° wxIcon
Hi: 64° Lo: 49°
Feels Like: 54°
North Bend
Cloudy
55° wxIcon
Hi: 59° Lo: 49°
Feels Like: 55°
KEZI Radar
KEZI Temperatures
KEZI Planner

LATEST FORECAST

Community Events