CORVALLIS, Ore. -- For nearly 20 years, a cat has been living at the 911 dispatch center in Corvallis, helping to relieve some of the stress that comes with the job.
Callie has been a staple at the Corvallis Regional Communications Center for 18 years.
A dispatcher found her as a stray in Philomath and they say she's a well-loved member of their team.
She's a little camera shy, but staff said she plays a big role in their day.
"She just fit right in and she loved everybody and says hi to everybody every day," said Scott Haberkorn, the 911 Manager.
He said Callie gave them a scare last winter, when she got sick. he said she bounced back and is doing well.
- Callie the cat keeps Corvallis 911 center company
- WATCH: Woman and cat rescued from burning building in Corvallis
- Reduce, Reuse, Recycle: Corvallis painting company goes 'green'
- Johnson Center opens at Corvallis Boys and Girls Club
- Corvallis daytime drop-in center finds temporary home
- Corvallis pharmacy burglarized, suspects sought
- Young boy drowns in Corvallis
- Blitzing the Preseason: Corvallis Spartans
- Corvallis expands bait bike program
- Two cats poisoned in Springfield