SPRINGFIELD, Ore. -- A fugitive from California was arrested after rolling his car and crashing into a bridge during a police chase.
Police said they tried to pull over Damon Moreno, 53, in the Glenwood area but he took off, running a red light at Main Street. He then crashed near the west end of the Willamette River Bridge.
"It was a routine traffic stop for an improper change of lane. When the officer turned on his overheads the gentleman chose not to stop, and accelerated heavily over the top of the bridge and was unable to negotiate the roundabout corner," said Sgt. Brian Humphreys, Springfield Police.
Police said Moreno was wanted in California for vandalism. They said it appeared that Moreno suffered a broken wrist and was taken to McKenzie Willamette Medical Center.
He was charged with DUII and eluding.
- California fugitive arrested after police chase in Springfield
- Police chase ends in Springfield arrest
- Salem man arrested for leading police on chase in Springfield
- Driver arrested after police chase through Eugene and Springfield
- Two arrested after police chase through Eugene ends in Springfield
- Springfield police chase suspect to Eugene neighborhood
- Police arrest Springfield man after armed standoff
- Springfield police make arrest in 2015 murder
- Springfield police: Craigslist scammer evades arrest
- Police arrest man barricaded in Springfield Apartment