SPRINGFIELD, Ore. -- Police are looking for the suspect who they said broke into two homes Tuesday morning.
The suspect first broke into a home on the 5000 block of D Street around 9:40 a.m., police said. It is unknown if anything was taken.
Police said when the suspect left that home, they broke into another home on the 4900 block of Daisy Street. Officer said the homeowner returned home around 2 p.m. and found their chainsaw, that they had stored in their shed, in a closet.
Officers said it appeared that the suspect used the resident's chainsaw to try and break open a safe.
They do not have a description of the suspect but are asking people to keep an eye out for your neighbor and report any suspicious activity.
- Burglar uses chainsaw in attempt to open safe
- Coos Bay police investigating chainsaw theft
- Corvallis pharmacy burglarized, suspects sought
- Former janitor accused of burglarizing two schools
- Teenagers accused of burglarizing Cottage Grove bank
- Several Douglas County businesses burglarized Saturday morning
- Winston Bi-Mart burglarized early Monday morning
- Deputies catch 'Roomba burglar' in Oregon home
- Girl escapes attempted abduction
- Suspicious device deemed safe