EUGENE, Ore. – A Eugene man is speaking out after shots were fired at his apartment near Autzen Stadium.
Police said at least two apartments in the 100 block of Commons Drive were hit in a shooting on Wednesday.
Grant Magee lives right behind the O Bar. He said he woke up from his nap and the first thing he saw was a plume of smoke.
One bullet went completely through his wall, and got very close to hitting him.
“Just complete and utter shock,” Magee said. “If my speakers were not right there to catch that bullet, I would have gotten shot in the leg and there was one that came right above my head. I was very lucky."
Police said the shooting started in the O Bar parking and the drivers headed east on commons drive. They said there was an argument between two men in two separate cars.
Police arrested Phillip Stiggins late Wednesday night on multiple charges, including unlawful use of a weapon, felon in possession of a fire arm, and cocaine possession.
Officers are still looking for the second driver, who was driving a grey BMW sedan. Police believe there are bullet holes in the car.
Anyone with information is asked to call Eugene police.
- Bullet flies through Eugene man's apartment during shooting
- World War II Warbird flies over Eugene
- Teen arrested for shooting weapons in Eugene apartment
- Man arrested after shooting at Springfield apartment
- Bullets shoot through a dentist office window in Grants Pass
- Man who tried to get into Eugene apartment gets prison
- Six Eugene apartments called unsafe after explosion
- Fire damages apartment building in Eugene
- Arson suspected in Eugene apartment fire
- Six apartments damaged in Eugene fire