SALEM, Ore. (AP) - Police say a 17-year-old boy was fatally shot in northeast Salem.
Lt. Treven Upkes of the Salem Police Department said officers and medics responded late Monday afternoon to reports of gunfire. They administered first aid, but the teenager died at the scene.
No arrests have been made. Upkes says detectives don't believe the shooter is a threat to the general public.
- Boy, 17, fatally shot in Salem
- 2 arrested in Roseburg after fatal shooting in Salem
- Salem police investigate death of woman in Salem
- Salem's toxic water advisory extended
- Salem drinking water advisory lifted
- Man found fatally shot in Keizer home
- Salem woman struck and killed on freeway
- Salem police arrest man for Corvallis robbery
- Salem residents rush to buy bottled water
- Pilot killed in Salem airplane crash