ASTORIA, Ore. (AP) -- Authorities have recovered the body of 52-year-old man who failed to return from a fishing trip last week.
The Clatsop County Sheriff's Office said Monday that Bret Yates' body was found on Social Security Beach at Fort Stevens State Park. The sheriff says there is no evidence of foul play.
RELATED STORY: COAST GUARD SUSPENDS SEARCH FOR MISSING OREGON FISHERMAN
Yates had been reported missing on Wednesday. The U.S. Coast Guard responded with boats and a helicopter, but had no luck finding Yates and called off their search Thursday.
- Body of missing fisherman found on Oregon beach
- Coast Guard searching for missing Oregon fisherman
- Coast Guard suspends search for missing Oregon fisherman
- Body found on beach in Yachats identified
- Fisherman finds body in Willamette River in Albany
- Bodies found of missing Oregon mother and son
- Woman's body found in Oregon hotel room
- Body of missing teen found on coast
- Missing hiker's body found at Toketee Falls
- Body of missing Coos County man found