BANDON, Ore. -- A man was hit and killed by a vehicle Monday morning alongside Highway 101 near Two Mile Lane, according to Oregon State Police.
Oregon State Police troopers were called out to milepost 278 at about 9:20 a.m. They discovered 44-year-old William Schippert on the side of the road. Troopers said he was likely struck hours before his body was discovered.
The driver of the vehicle that hit Schippert has been identified and is cooperating with law enforcement.
This is in an ongoing investigation. Anyone with any information is urged to call the police.
- Body found near Bandon alongside Hwy. 101
- Bandon man dies in motorcycle crash on Highway 101
- Troopers: Pedestrian killed on Hwy 101 south of Florence
- Hwy 101 crash kills one, seriously injures two others
- Woman arrested after knife attack in Bandon
- Arson fires severely damage Bandon school
- Former Bandon coach pleads guilty to sex abuse involving child
- Student in Bandon suspended for allegedly making threats of violence
- Former Bandon coach pleads guilty to child porn
- Officers justified in fatal shooting of man in Bandon