Photo Gallery 3 Images
EUGENE, Ore. -- Police and firefighters pulled a body from Amazon Creek.
The body was found floating in the water Monday morning behind Bike Friday on West 11th, near the Richardson Bridge. Police do not know the identity of the person but say the victim was an older man.
A wheelchair was found on the river bank near where the body was found, however, officials don't know if it belonged to the deceased person. A sign reading "disabled food help need" was found next to the wheelchair.
Police said someone walking alongside the canal saw the body Monday morning and reported it.
The medical examiner is working to determine the cause and manner of death. There is no word on whether the death is suspicious.
This is a developing story. Please check back for more details.
- Body found in Amazon Creek in west Eugene
- Body found floating in Amazon Creek
- Students find body in Amazon Creek area
- Car crashes into Amazon Creek in Eugene
- Man found dead in Amazon Creek identified
- Man's body found in Creek in Oregon
- Body found in Amazon Canal identified
- Woman's body found in Eugene alley
- Body found along Willamette River in Eugene
- Eugene reduces speed limit on East and West Amazon drives