Springfield, OR -- From the Eugene Emeralds to the University of Oregon, everyone was on hand at Pine Ridge Golf Club in Springfield for the Bill Musgrave Open to benefit Boys and Girls Club of Emerald Valley.
"Our involvement for the boys and girls club is really important because it really is helping a bunch of youth in our community that really need some help and maybe don't have a lot of resources so we're very excited to always participate," said Emeralds General Manager, Allan Benavides
Mike Jorgensen of the University of Oregon Alpha Kappa Psi fraternity was also out to lend a helping hand.
"I think the University of Oregon being involved in this and Bill Musgrave and a lot of people being out here today understand the importance of the Boys and Girls Club and what it means to this community and giving back to the kids that are so important to this community," Jorgensen said.
The proceeds help fund the Boys and Girls Clubs for the entire year, in addition to the Field of Dreams event later this summer.
"We make that up by having events like this and it's a wonderful event,"said Boys and Girls Club Board President Jamie Christopher said. "Bill Musgrave has given his name to this event, shows up and gives the time and effot to make this event a success."
- Bill Musgrave Open benefits Boys & Girls Club
- Johnson Center opens at Corvallis Boys and Girls Club
- Boys & Girls Club gets new computer lab thanks to IGT
- Boys & Girls Club brings mental health service to teens
- Field of Dreams Auction raises $85,000 for Boys & Girls Club
- Teen abused by now-former Boys & Girls Club employee
- Young Boys & Girls Club member meets Ducks Basketball Team
- Grammys 2019: Kacey Musgraves has a golden night with album of the year win
- Boys and Girls Club of Corvallis cutting ribbon on new center
- Catwalk for a Cause raises $120K for Boys and Girls Club