EUGENE, Ore. – Bi-Mart is building for the future by breaking ground on a new massive warehouse in west Eugene.
The Eugene based retail chain with 77 stores is building a new 185,000 square foot warehouse, doubling the current amount of space near corporate headquarters off Seneca Road. The building is expected to be completed and ready for operation in January of 2019.
The $14 million, five acre, self-funded project includes construction and equipment.
In a news release, the company said: “this investment cements our commitment to Eugene and supports our planned expansion in the Northwest with new Bi-Mart stores and our newest division of Cascade Farm and Outdoor stores.”
Bi-Mart is a regional retailer owned by employees since 2004.
“Our growth and success are due to the dedicated efforts of our employee-owners and the relationship we’ve created with our members over the last 63 years. We’re proud of our Northwest roots and the fact that the money spent here in our stores stays here,” Bi-Mart President and Chief Executive Rich Truett said.
Truett said the project will provide more efficient inventory management and allow Bi-Mart to add 50 percent more items to their warehouse capacity. He said that’s more than 5,000 items to better serve the stores and customers.
Bi-Mart employs 100 warehouse staff in Eugene and there are plans to add more to support the new operation.
“Our new warehouse will create more jobs for the community and position us for the future. We have an aggressive growth strategy for both Bi-Mart and Cascade Farm and Outdoor. Our increased distribution capability is a critical component to this expansion.”
Cascade Farm and Outdoor focuses on farmers and ranchers. The first outlets were opened in Walla Walla, Wash., and Coos Bay. The latest Bi-Mart opened in November in Kuna, Idaho.
- Bi-Mart breaks ground on a massive new warehouse
- Winston Bi-Mart burglarized early Monday morning
- Affordable housing residents get gifts, food from Bi-Mart
- Bi-Mart raises gun purchase age to 21
- Two men arrested in Winston Bi-Mart burglary case
- Bi-Mart Willamette Country Music Festival kicks off final year in Brownsville
- Harrisburg approves letter of support for Bi-Mart Willamette Country Music Festival
- Organizers work to address safety issues at Bi-Mart Willamette Country Music Festival
- Grammy award winner Macklemore will be performing at the Bi-Mart Amphitheater for free
- Crews break ground on Coburg Inn