BEND, Ore. (AP) -- Fast-growing Bend, Oregon, is nearing 100,000 people.
A new estimate from the U.S. Census Bureau shows Bend's population increased 4.3 percent between July 1, 2016, and July 1, 2017, with 94,520 people now calling it home.
Damian Syrnyk is a senior planner in Bend's growth management department. He tells The Bulletin newspaper that the city is projected to have nearly 110,000 people by 2025.
Bend had only 20,000 residents in 1990.
- Bend population on the rise
- Rodent population on the rise in Oregon, expert says
- Bend murder suspect pleads guilty
- Suspicious device found in Bend
- Bend man arrested on child pornography charges
- Good samaritan returns North Bend woman's purse
- Man interrupts Stormy Daniels' Bend performance
- Charges dropped in Bend road-rage case
- Five teens injured in North Bend crash
- Autopsy: Bend woman was homicide victim