BEAVERTON, Ore. (AP) -- Beaverton police arrested a Sunset High School track coach accused of having sex with a 16-year-old girl.
Police spokesman Jeremy Shaw says detectives began an investigation June 26 and learned the 25-year-old coach had been having an inappropriate relationship for about two months with a girl from Sunset High.
Branden Helms faces charges of luring a minor and sex abuse. An arraignment scheduled for Wednesday was canceled, and court records do not list an attorney to speak on his behalf.
- Beaverton police arrest coach accused of luring high school student
- Oregon State practices in Beaverton
- Beaverton day care worker accused of sexually abusing kids
- Beaverton woman surprised with son's military homecoming
- Former Beaverton Baptist church employee denies $70,000 theft
- Police: Teen looking at phone hit by MAX train in Beaverton
- Student accused of bringing shotgun to Portland High School identified
- Man arrested following shooting death of high school student
- Roseburg High School student arrested after threat found
- Thurston High School student designs Nike shoes