UPDATE: Following a lengthy standoff in Marion Tuesday, Marion County deputies arrested a man who they said threatened deputies with a knife and hatchet before barricading himself.
John Leonard Rousseau, 51, was taken to the Salem Hospital with minor injuries he sustained during the standoff.
Deputies responded to a report of a domestic disturbance in the 5900 block of Stayton Road SE at 2:20 p.m.
The Marion County Inter-Agency SWAT Team arrived to assist, and deputies said Rousseau held SWAT members at bay while armed with a knife and what appeared to be a small-caliber rifle.
Deputies were also assisted by the Stayton Police Department, Linn County Sheriff’s Office, Mobile Crisis Response Team and the Stayton Fire District.
After being treated, officials said Rousseau was to be lodged at the Marion County Jail for two outstanding warrants for criminal mischief and the unlawful use of a vehicle. Rousseau also faces three counts of menacing and unlawful use of a weapon.
MARION, Ore. -- Some Marion residents have been evacuated or are sheltering in place as law enforcement officials work to de-escalate a situation involving a barricaded man.
Marion County deputies responded to a report of a domestic disturbance in the 5900 block of Stayton Road SE at 2:20 p.m. Tuesday.
Deputies said a man at the residence brandished a knife and hatchet at the deputies when they arrived, and they backed away and called for assistance.
Officials said the man has outstanding felony warrants for his arrest. SWAT is on scene and officials said the man is highly agitated.
At this time, the man is believed to be alone.
The road will remain closed until the situation is resolved.
- UPDATE: Barricaded man hospitalized after SWAT standoff in Marion
- Standoff suspect arrested by SWAT
- Suspect arrested after hours-long SWAT standoff in Eugene
- Suspect in SWAT standoff in Eugene has history of arrests
- Police arrest man barricaded in Springfield Apartment
- Man barricaded in SW Eugene home
- 3 dead, 10 hospitalized in Marion County crash
- Roseburg man arrested after standoff
- Man arrested after barricading himself inside home, guns seized
- Elmira man arrested after barricading himself inside home